Steps to remove the Ikee virus
- If you haven’t already installed mobile terminal via Cydia, do so.
- Reboot your iPhone.
- Run mobile terminal, and at the prompt, type su.
- The default password is alpine (unless you’ve already changed it).
- Type in the following commands one line at a time, end press return after each line.
You may get messages such as No such file or directory – but that’s fine, different variants may leave behind different files.
- When you’re done, reboot your iPhone.
- Now, change your wallpaper to something cool. You should be free of Rick’s ghost now.
- Follow the steps below to prevent getting hacked again.
Steps to change your iPhone root password (and minimize being hacked)
- Start mobile terminal (download and install via Cydia if you haven’t done so yet).
- Type su.
- Enter alpine as the password.
- At the prompt, type passwd.
- Enter your new root password. DO NOT FORGET THIS!
- Enter the same password again.
- You should now be secure from viruses that use the default password to hack into your phone.